As your newly elected Labour councillors, we would like to thank you all for your support in the recent District and Town elections.
We are delighted and honoured to represent our community. We promise to repay your trust in us and appreciate the time you took in coming out to vote for us. We wouldn’t be here without your support.
We are looking forward to working hard and to delivering the best service to everyone in our diverse community of Leamington Willes; as residents ourselves, we feel privileged to serve you.
Moving forward, you can count on us to find innovative ways to work and communicate with you, so that we can “Keep Willes Strong”… for the many and not the few! We have already started tackling many of the issues you have brought to us and we promise we will continue you do so in your best interests.
Once again, many thanks.
Mini & Navdeep
Our promises to you
As a team that includes a Councillor at County, District and Town level, we promise to tackle the following issues:
- Ensure the Safer Routes to School team at WCC implements the changes needed to make Sydenham School safe for children arriving leaving school. We are pleased to say that Sydenham school is next on the list to be completed!
- Tackle the overgrown trees and shrubs in the area
- Ensure the steps at Sydenham shops are made safe again
- Stop fly tipping
- Maintain the planters on Sydenham Drive bridge, in collaboration with St Anthony’s School and Sydenham Together Action Group (STAG)
- Get the backcourts on Gainsborough Road re-surfaced
- Continue to lobby for a CCTV Camera at Sydenham shops
- Continue to lobby to refurbish and re-open Fallow Hill Community room
- Improve Fallow Hill parking
- Lobby for more dog waste bins
- Create a cycle lane that joins with the cycle lane in Sydenham, all the way through South Leam, to All Saints Church
- Ensure parking and traffic problems on Radford Road are eased. We have had some success lately and we aim for this to continue
We promise to continue our local campaigns:
- Improve Air Quality in Leamington
- Against the East Whitnash development
- Against the proposed District Offices
- Increase funding for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities pupils
- Increase funding for primary and secondary schools
- Lobby Stagecoach to improve its service. E.g. tackle the increase in ticket prices and some unpopular routes.
- Increase funding for the NHS
How to contact us:
Surgeries: Please come and meet us at surgery, the first Saturday of every month, at Sydenham Shops. We also intend to have other pop-up surgeries – we will keep you posted.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07974018566